Read it before you use it.
We’ve created a step-by-step guide to walk you through the basics and help you have a great experience with the comb. There are a few essential things you need to learn to get better results easier and faster. It will only take a few minutes and save you hours.
- Holding and handling the comb
- Holding the hair
- Tease techniques
- Highlights and babylights techniques
- Attaching the comb
1) Holding and Handling the Comb
● When using the tail to section the hair, hold Iro pointed upwards.
● Comb the hair from underneath the section to maintain control of the hair.
● Hold the comb with your thumb in a vertical position. This way, you can work with both hands.
● When splitting the section, place your index finger on top for better control.
2) Holding the Hair
Be sure to hold the hair tightly and spread it wide. The section you want to split should be even and firm.
Note that it takes a little time and practice to find the right balance between holding the section firmly and easing it enough to split it with the comb.
3) Tease Techniques
4) Highlights and Babylights Techniques
Basic & Micro-weaving technique
For babylights or highlights, alternate diagonal and vertical splits. Repeat as many times as necessary to achieve the desired saturation.
Gradient saturation technique
Highlights and teasing technique
5) Attaching the Comb
Keep the teased section in place by clipping the comb onto the hair. Iro assists you with a firm hold and lets you focus on foils and dye.